The Sports grant, or Sports Premium, is specific DFE funding to schools in order to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport on offer.
Sports Premium can be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sports activities alreadt offered;
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Examples for use of the Sports Premium include:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
HPA Beckenham Green's funding details are shown on the sub-page on the menu on the left. Please click to read more information.