The Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers. Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green is committed to promoting the progress and attainment of all pupils, whatever their backgrounds.
The Pupil Premium forms an additional part of the annual budget and is targeted for specific use. Only Parents/carers can apply for Pupil Premium funds – staff are happy to support and explain the application process, but cannot make the application itself.
Please note Pupil Premium funds are NOT used to fund school lunches for Reception, Y1 and Y2 children.
Who is eligible for Pupil Premium?
Parents of children aged four or over who receive Child Benefit for the child/children and one or more of the following:
- Equal Based JSA / ESA
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Please ask Miss French or the Office Staff if you want more details about the Pupil Premium Grant.
On-line applications to London Borough of Bromley can be made here: www.bromley.gov.uk